Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rocky Corner Soap Works

Soap?  Yes, soap!!  TheWaxAddict is branching out to bath & body!  For our first adventure, I chose Rocky Corner Soap Works.  This was a company I came across via the Out Of The Box sampler.  They sent along an adorable sample of lemongrass soap and I was hooked!

I placed an order for just one bar of soap this time around.  I ordered Grapefruit & Peppermint in the 4oz bar.  It was on clearance and only cost me $1!!  Quite the bargain.  On to the review:

Appearance:  This soap came in a large 4oz bar with a decorative design on the front.  It was a soft pink color and very pretty!

Scent: The bar I ordered was in Grapefruit & Peppermint.  I happen to love this combo of scents and was very excited to open the box.  However I quickly became disappointed.  This particular bar had no scent whatsoever.  It smelled exactly like the soap bars that are unscented.  Not even a "soapy" scent.  Very blah.  I'm not sure if this was because of this particular scent, or if maybe it had been sitting around for quite awhile.  I did, however get a sample of Fresh & Honeydew soap that smelled FANTASTIC!!  I'll definitely be giving this company another shot before discounting them.

Performance: Despite being disappointed in the scent, I was definitely impressed with the performance.  The soap lathered up perfectly and left my skin feeling soft and clean, without feeling dried out and stripped of the natural oils.  This soap was amazing.  I'm highly impressed.

Overall experience:  While I was less than impressed with the scent in my bar, the quality and performance more than made up for that fact.  I will definitely be ordering again.  I'm pretty sure this bar was a fluke, especially since the sample I got in my Out Of The Box sampler and the free sample they sent along smelled great.

So that concludes our first adventure into the world of handmade bath & body.  I'll be reviewing some new products in the month to come so make sure you keep an eye out!  Also make sure you join our Facebook page to watch for our free giveaways!  Check it out here:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheWaxAddict/129747170391380?ref=ts