Thursday, June 3, 2010

Can-Do-Candles Order number 2!

I got my second Can-Do-Candles order today!!  Yay!!

Donna was having a Memorial day sale on her 1oz scalloped tarts that made them $0.70 each.  Can't beat that!  Also, I had suggested adding a fourth "sampler pack" of tarts with an island theme.  And guess what?!....She added it!  I was very impressed that she listens to her customers suggestions so closely.

So on to the review! :

Tropical Island Sampler:
 (This comes with 12 single tarts for a great price of $8.95!  It also comes packaged in a cute little canvas bag.)
  • Banana Island - This reminds me exactly of those hard candy bananas that you used to get out of the bubble machine for a quarter when you were a kid.  I wouldn't call it an authentic banana smell, but more of a candy banana smell.  Still very nice and summer-ie!
  • Coconut Milk & Lavender - Yum!  This is a very pretty smell.  I haven't melted it yet, but on cold sniff you definitely pick up on the lavender.  Not much of the coconut comes through, but I have a pretty good feeling that will come with melting it.
  • Plumeria Milk - This is a very nice floral scent, however still somewhat tropical.  I also love the fact that it's a gorgeous soft purple color.
  • Jamaica Me Crazy - This scent rocks!  It's a great, sharp citrus scent that is very reminiscent of a nice, fruity margarita. 
  • Beach Daisies - This is one of my favorites.  It is a nice, light beach scent that (to me) has hints of an almost sunscreen smell mixed with some soft florals.
  • Papaya Clafouti - Again, this is another great scent.  You definitely pick up on the papaya, but a orange/citrus scent comes through pretty strongly as well.  Very nice.
  • Perfect Pineapple - This lives up to it's name!  Oh my goodness, this is nice!  It is an authentic pineapple smell that is very strong.  This is a definite re-order for me!!
  • Leslie's Paradise Island - I have previously reviewed this during my last order, so if you'd like to read about it, please go check that out.
  • Cocoa Cabana Type - This is another one that I pick up hints of sunscreen from.  Very nice scent that is hard to describe...other than "beachy"
  • Mary's Margaritas - This one is going to be fun to melt.  It smells just like a delicious margarita!
  • Monkey Bubbles - I definitely smell the same candy-banana scent from the Banana Island tart, but much softer.  I think that once it's melted I will be able to pick up on the other fruity scents listed in the description.  
  • Salty Sea Air - This is a very unique scent.  On cold sniff, I mainly get the salty scent, but I can already tell that I will get more of the ozone hints when it's melting.
I also ordered a six pack of tarts (for the great price of $3.95!) in Coco Mint Frost.  This is a great scent.  It is a combination of peppermint and coconut.  It's a nice, creamy peppermint smell and then when you add in the coconut?  Wow!  Most people would probably consider this a wintery scent...but I think it's more of a spa type scent.  Very calming.  Love it!!

Other tarts:
  • Farmhouse Spearmint - Wow!  This is exactly the same smell as spearmint gum...only stronger!  If you like that type of smell, you'll be in heaven with this one!
  • Honey I Scrubbed The Kids - This is another favorite of mine!  It's a little hard to describe, but it's almost like a clean soap.  However it's NOT the harsh perfume-ie smell of soap/detergent that I hate.  It is very nice and fresh.
  • Watermelon Kiwi - This is one of the freebies that Donna threw in for me.  It smells amazing and I WISH I'd seen it on her site when I was placing an order! I will most definitely re-order this in larger quantities next time.  It's just a very nice, fruity smell that just screams "summer picnic!"
  • Cool Citrus Basil - This is the second freebie that was included.  I was a little hesitant when I read the name, as I wasn't sure how well the basil would smell with citrus.  I usually associate basil with Italian food...not fruit!  However, when I took a whiff...I loved it!  I don't pick up much of the basil scent, so I think it's mainly in there to compliment the citrus.  I also kind of get the soapy scent in this one somewhat.  I definitely like this one and I'm glad she threw it in!
  • Luscious lemon - I'm usually pretty hesitant with ordering lemon scents because I've gotten quite a few that smell like floor cleaner to me.  Not this one!  This is an amazing, true lemon scent that's very powerful.  I like this a lot and again, am very happy that Donna threw this in for me as a freebie!

Overall, I've been very happy with Can-Do-Candles!  I have yet to find a gripe about them!  The only thing I wish is that they still made jar candles, because I know I'd love some of these scents in a candle, too!

I ordered these tarts on Monday...during a sale, no less.  And I had them at my door by Thursday!  What an amazing turn-around-time!! If you're a tart lover like myself...you can't go wrong with this site!