Monday, June 7, 2010

Bath & Body Works - The "best candles in the world"?

I was in Bath & Body Works recently (not a rare occurrence for me!) and saw a sign asking us to "Try the world's best candles."  I was intrigued, as I've never gotten candles from B&BW before...only bath and body stuff.  So I gave it a whorl.  Boy, am I glad I did. 

After having very disappointing results with candles from large companies such as Yankee, I was a little skeptical about these.  However they proved me wrong.  These candles have AMAZING scent throw and burn very well.  Especially their large 14.5 oz tumblers that are triple wicked.

Due to various sales, I end up trying two of their sizes.  Their smallest 4oz tumbler is single wicked and rings up at a pricey $9.85 (without any sales).  Their larger 14.5oz triple-wicked tumblers are $19.95.  These are, admittedly, not the cheapest candles.  The price is more than I'd pay without a sale.  But the good news is that their sales are more frequent than you'd expect, especially if you subscribe to the newsletter or follow them on Facebook.    All of the many candles I now own were all bought at various times and all 50% off or better.

Scents:
Eucalyptus Spearmint - I'm in love with this scent.  It is the most calming, relaxing scent I've ever smelled.  It is part of their aromatherapy line and it is the "stress relief" scent.  A definite favorite for me and something I recommend to all my friends and family
Summer Melon - This is also a favorite of mine.  It's a very refreshing and summery melon scent with great throw (as with all of the B&BW ccandles)
Pomegranate Lemonade - I'd definitely have to put this at the top of the list for my favorites.  It's an amazingly clean and uplifting scent.  Very fruity which compliments the sharpness of the lemonade scent.  It's just like sitting on the porch on a summer day, with your favorite glass of lemonade.