Monday, June 21, 2010

It's a good day for candle deliveries!!

The weather might be absolutely awful here, but 3 different candle deliveries sure cheered me up!  I've got a lot to go through so I'm going to do a more brief review than I typically do.  If anyone has any questions or wants more details...just leave me a message!!

First Box: Candles By Victoria

My online party finally wrapped up and I was able to go ahead and place MY order!!  Yay!!  As always, I'm very, very impressed with these candles and ya'll know that I'm a CBV addict!  Here are the scents I got this time:

Silent Bob Goes To The Beach: This is one of my top favorite scents.  It's just a perfect beachy scent!  There are hints of sunscreen (and everyone here knows I love my sunscreen scent!) as well as a fruity concoction that is reminiscent of a nice drink....delivered by a cute cabana boy at the pool-side!!  What could be better?   ....Other than actually BEING there!!
Treasure Island: This is another scent I have previously reviewed when my mother placed her order.  This, again, is an amazing summer scent.  It has hints of pina colada mixed with other fruits including pineapple...and it's shear perfection!
MelonPop!: This is my own combination.  CBV has an option on the 8th page of candles where you can make your own candle!  It's tons of fun and everyone should give it a shot!  You get the option to pick two scents to mix, what color you want it, and even what name you want to give it!  I chose to mix Fizzy Pop with Watermelon...and I gotta say I think I did a pretty darn good job!!  It's GREAT!  Fizzy pop actually smells carbonated.  Now, I'm not sure I understand how carbonation can have a SMELL....but this pulls it off!  So that fun, bubbly smell mixed with watermelon is amazing.  I love it!
Tropical Temptation: Pineapple, coconut, and mango?  Wow. 'Nuff said.
Island Delight - Can you tell I'm in a tropical mood? :)  This is another PERFECT summer scent.  It's a mix of strawberry, lime, and pineapple.  I'm loving this one, too.

Second Box: Busy Bee Candles
This is a great company that I recently came across via http://www.candlefind.com.  I've read great things about them and I've also had several requests from readers to do a review.  So here ya go!!


Wood Wick Candles: I got two 8oz candles in super cute mason jars.  They both have wood wicks, which is something I'm new to.  They're definitely something I will re-order!  The basic concept is that they crackle and sound like a fireplace.  Very neat!  Even if you ignore the fact that they crackle....I still enjoy the wicks for the fact that they produce a larger, and wider flame.  It makes it look very neat, and melts the pool faster.  That, of course, creates a great scent throw in half the time of a normal wick.

Tarts: These are the standard 1oz tarts in the normal shape.  They come in mini cello bags with a very cute and clear scent label.  Below is my review of the scents I received.
  • Blackberry Fizz  - This is a great scent!  It's just like a carbonated drink with hints of blackberry.
  • Creme Brulee - I have had a hard time finding a good creme brulee scent from the vendors I've tried.  Busy Bee Candles is by far my favorite!
  • Birthday Cake - This is super yummy!  Just like the icing on a birthday cake :)
  • Mango Papaya - Most scents I've tried with mango have been iffy at best.  It seems like it's a real hit-or-miss kind of scent. This one's a HIT!  It's a great fruity/tropical scent and I love this one.
  • Pina Colada - Just as the name says....this one is very authentic!
Third Box: Out Of The Box Sampler

This is something I was very excited to find.  The basic concept is that all kinds of online vendors send in samples of their products to Out Of The Box.  The do this for advertising.  Then the Out Of The Box company assembles boxes of really neat samples and sends them to your door.  I got everything from chocolate pretzels and soap to bath bombs and tarts!  It's a great way to try out vendors you normally wouldn't have and to get a bunch of neat little samples!    And the best part is that it is only $22....including shipping!  I've already found a few new companies I like and have placed orders.  Reviews coming soon!