Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Front Porch Candle Co.

Front Porch Candle Co. is my first experience with soy.  Up until this point, I have always received palm wax.  I had been wary of soy because I had read on many occasions that it doesn't hold as much scent oil as other types of wax.  But when I got the June newsletter from Front Porch offering free shipping, I jumped at the chance to try it out.

Apperance: 
All of the tarts I ordered (including the free samples) were in adorable shapes.  My six pack was shaped like a scoop of ice cream with real sprinkles!  One free sample was a round shape with an adorable willow (?) tree design.  The second free sample came in the same ice cream shape, but with a bakery crust as well.  All of them were super adorable. 

Scents:
Watermelon Blast - This is absolutely wonderful!  Very fruity and has AMAZING scent throw!  So much for the idea of soy not having as much scent!
Raspberry Cookies - I've never been a fan of bakery scents, so when I saw this was included as a free sample, I wasn't too excited.  But when I opened the bag to give it a sniff??  Woo hoo!  This is great!  It's a deep, creamy raspberry scent. 
Hot Apple Pie - Again, I was not too excited for a bakery type scent, but yet again I was very impressed with this one!  It smells so delicious and spicy.  My only complaint is that melting this tart made staying on my diet REAAAALLY hard!! :)

Performance:
I mentioned it earlier, but I was thoroughly impressed with the scent throw from these.  Another aspect that I'm in love with is that they are super easy to cut.  I hate burning a whole tart at once, so I'm always cutting them in half.  But with the palm wax, it's incredibly difficult and usually messy.  These soy tarts cut like butter.

Overall Experience:
I really enjoyed my experience with Front Porch Candle Co.  Their website is very easy to use and adorable to boot!  I had some great customer service and shipping was very quick.  This is a company that I can most certainly see myself ordering from again in the future.