Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tart Heaven courtesy of Southern Star Scents!!

Just when I think I've found my favorite company for tarts....along comes ANOTHER one that blows me out of the water!  Southern Star Scents has some of the best melts I've purchased thus far!  They are super strong and the scents are amazing!  So let's get to it!.....

Apperance:
These tarts come in a 2oz clear tart cup with a very cute and rustic looking label on each lid.  The wax is soft enough to pop right out of the cups and to easily be cut in half, if they're too large for your warmer!  At $1.25 each....these are a bonafide STEAL!

Scents:
  • Butt Naked - This is a great combo of apple and honeydew.  I also get hints of strawberry.  A great fruity scent!
  • Watermelon Wine - I'm going to name this one of my favorites from this order.  The combo of an authentic watermelon with the romantic smell of wine is pure perfection!
  • Monkey Farts - This is a scent I have tried from a couple different vendors.  It is very similar, but I like it a little bit better because there isn't as much of an overpowering smell of banana.  It's a much better, even mix of fruits.
  • Mango Mandarin - Ya'll know how picky I am with my mango scents.  But in all honesty, this is one of my top 3 mango scents EVER!  It is amazing when paired up with mandarin.  It almost smells like a sorbet.  Just a perfect scent for the summer.
  • Creme Brulee - Smells just like a very creamy caramel.  Delish!
  • Lucy & Ethel - Not many of you know this, but I am a huge rat lover!  Weird, right?  I love candles and pet rats?  Doesn't seem normal :)  But I have always had pet rats and they are just the most amazing little guys.  Super smart and friendly.  The reason I bring that up is because my 2 little girl rats just happen to be named Lucy & Ethel!  Besides the fact that I love the name, I also love the scent!  Smells just like "best friends" from other vendors.
  • Sweet Orange Chilli Pepper - This is a scent I've reviewed before.  This one is a dead on dupe for the other tart I purchased.  Again, I recommend it highly!  Don't let the Chilli Pepper part scare you!  This is a great orange-ie scent that everyone should try!
  • Kiwi Watermelon - I'm very picky with watermelon scents.  I don't like the fake candy-type smell.  This one does NOT disappoint!  It's very authentic and juicy!  I can't wait to burn this one :)
  • Naked Cowboy - This is one sexy smell!  It's a very nice, romantic cologne smell.  I feel the need to rub it all over my fiance!
  • Whipped Pineapple - I don't get a ton of pineapple smell from this on cold sniff, but pineapple is one of those tricky scents that hides until it's melted.
  • Lemonheads - If anyone has ever smelled the Fizzy Pop scent from other vendors, you'll have a good idea of what this one smells like.  It's a combo of fizzy and lemon.  No harsh cleaning scent here!
  • Chap My Ass - Love the name and love the scent!  It's a little hard to put my finger on, but I definitely get a cherry scent from this one.  
  • Texas Breeze - The Southern Star Scents page describes this one as "hard to describe" and that's right on the money.  It's a very clean, fresh scent but without that horrible scented laundry detergent smell that I abhor.  This is a very nice scent.
  • Island Heat - Pineapple, strawberry and orange.  What could be better?  This was the first one I popped in my warmer and my entire house smells amazing!
  • Vanilla Latte - At the risk of repeating myself, this one is great, too!  It smells like the perfect creamy coffee.  Just like my favorite coffee house.
  • Mac Apple - If you love apple, you'll love this one!  It's such a perfect apple smell, that I can't say enough about it!!
  • Lick Me All Over - This is a mix of several fruits as well as jasmine and violet.  I'm not a huge floral fan, but it compliments this scent very well. 
  • Grapefruit Twist - This is a perfect combo of vanilla and grapefruit.  I love the smell of grapefruit, but sometimes it is a little harsh on the nose.  Mixing it with vanilla to calm it down??  Genius!!
  • Mango Papaya - This is JUST as good as the Mango Mandarin.  It's more of a creamy scent and I love this!
  • Raspberry Guava - I usually don't like the guava scents.  I've tried the raspberry guava candle from Candles By Victoria (a company I absolutely LOVE) and even then didn't care for it.  But this tart is great!!  It's an extremely good combination.
  • Jamaica Me Crazy - I've reviewed this scent before from other companies and you know I love it!  This one is a dead on dupe.
  • Coconut Lime Verbena - OH. MY. GOD. !!!  This is amazing!  Not only do I get the lime and coconut, but it also has a creaminess to it.  This is just perfection.
  • Pineapple Supreme - To me, this isn't my favorite.  I don't get much pineapple at all.  It smells a little odd.  But, again, I have not melted it yet so it may change completely.  I will keep you updated!
  • Hot Mama - Just judging by the name I would have expected some cinnamon.  But it's actually a very fruity smell.  This is a good one, too!
  • Hunter's Romance - This is another free sample that Southern Star was nice enough to throw in.  It's really hard to put my finger on this one.  It's a nice, manly and earthy type scent.  Kind of woodsy.
  • Tropical Twister - This is one of my top tropical scents!  Very nice!
  • Cowgirls N Pearls - This is a combo of vanilla and leather.  It's not something I would have ordered for myself.  It was included as a free sample. It definitely is interesting, but I'm not a big leather fan.  I guess that's the animal activist in me :)
Overall Experience: I had a great experience with Southern Star Scents!  Their customer service is very good and the TAT was good as well.  This is a company I would most definitely recommend that everyone try!  Also make sure to check out their facebook page at:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Southern-Star-Scents/184947958257?ref=ts