Monday, June 14, 2010

Nana's Just Tarts! (I found my suntan scent!!)

Ahh...the elusive sunscreen smell I've been chasing.  I fell in love with this scent when I got a Sun & Sand candle as a gift.  It smelled amazing!  One sniff, and it transported you back to a day at the beach with mom slathering you in sunscreen.  You also got nice hints of ocean and sand.  However the candle I was given was from Yankee so of course it had terrible soot, tunneled, and have barely any scent throw.

And so began my quest to find a dupe of that scent.  I've been through 4 different vendors and none of them came very close (although still nice scents!).  But then I found Nana's Just Tarts...an Etsy vendor.

These are amazing!  They smell perfect.  Maybe not an exact dupe, but it's almost BETTER than my Sun & Sand candle!!  So on to the review of my eperience...

Presentation:
These tarts came wrapped up in a cute little blue checkered cloth with a very nice business card displaying the name of the company, the scent, and of course the warning label on the back.  It was super cute!  I love the country feel and these definitely fit the bill!  I also LOVED the fact that each tart was wrapped up in tissue paper as opposed to individual baggies.  Much lest wasteful and everyone knows that I'm very "green"!  :) 

Scents:
Coppertone Lotion - I have no words for this other than....YIPPEE!!!  They smell great.  Very strong and just a nice suntan scent.  Perfect.
Cinnamon Sugar Meltin Muffin Tart - This was a free sample included with my order.  It's ADORABLE!!  A very cute muffin shape that even has chunks of cinnamon sugar sticks in it.  It smells very nice and authentic.  Definitely a strong one that I'll be cutting up before melting.
Pineapple Orchid Tart melt - I'm not sure if it was intentional, but this is an exact dupe of the pineapple orchid scent from Bath and Body Works!  And it just so happens to be one of my favorite summer scents from there!  I'm really excited about this one and I'm sure it will be a re-order!
Fudge Brownie Tart melt - These are super cute little mini melts.  It looks like a quiche!  And the scent is out of this world.  Very fudg-ie (yeah, I made that word up!) and no fake chocolate smell here!  These are good enough to eat!  (But please don't!)

Customer Service:
It was out of this world!  I emailed Nana's to ask if they had the Coppertone scent in a basic shape rather than their adorable little flip-flops that are the standard for that scent.  You all know how I hate to melt such cute shapes!  I can't stand ruining something that adorable!  Well, I got a prompt response and they poured me this scent in a basic clamshell shape.  How nice!!  Talk about great customer service!

Overall Experience:
I couldn't recommend this company more highly!  I had a great experience with them and their tarts are amazing and VERY strong.  I couldn't ask for more!  Please go check this company out!!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/NanasTarts