Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Candles By Victoria!!

My very first Candles By Victoria order came today!  Well....ok so it's not really mine.  My mother ordered several things from them as part of the online candle party that I'm currently hosting.  I'm very glad she did because I got to try out all of her candle scents and it gave me a really good idea of what I'll be ordering once my candle party is done!

I've heard great things from so many different people about this company that I had to try it out.  Boy, am I glad I did!  They burn so beautifully and the scents are very strong.  They definitely live up to the hype and I'm just in love with CBV!!

Appearance:
The six candles in my mother's order came in a sampler pack for $45.00.  Not too bad at all!  They come in super cute 9oz Mason canning jars with a rust colored lid.  They also have a CBV label on the front that adds to the charm and rustic appearance.  There are some very vibrant colors in this lot!

The scent shots come in standard 2oz tart cups with a label on the lid. They pop right out with no problems.

My mother also ordered 3 bottles of home fragrance oil.  They come with the same CBV label placed on a glass 0.5oz bottle with a glass dropper included.

Candle Scents:
Silent Bob Goes To The Beach - This candle has a rather odd name, and apparently it has been named after a customer's Youtube name (if I'm not mistaken).  Despite the odd name, this candle is out of this world!!  It's an amazing combination of creamy coconut and suntan oil.  I will definitely be ordering this candle for myself!!
Treasure Island - This is another absolute favorite for me.  The first scent I pick out is a pina colada type.  I also get hints of fruit and possibly a very soft floral.  Just an all around amazing scent!
Raspberry Guava - This is a very nice scent.  The combination of raspberry and guava go so perfectly together.  However, I was a little disappointed with the scent throw from this one.  It was pretty weak.
Storm Watch - I like this one as well.  It has a very soft hint of laundry detergent type smell, but not very strong.  All of you reading this already know that I'm not a fan of that laundry smell...but this one is very very soft and just fine with me.  It's a very clean scent and it definitely is nice.
Bella Swan - Both me and my mother are huge Twilight fans so we had to give this one a try.  I'm definitely glad we did!  This is a great scent that, to me, is a combination of lilac and grape...even though grape isn't mentioned in the CBV description.  It's a romantic smell that matches Bella's personality very well.
Hawaiian Rain - I did NOT think I was going to like this one on cold sniff.  It was too perfume-y for my tastes.  But once it was burned, it smelled entirely different and amazing.  Very refreshing and clean.  LOVED it!

Scent Shot (Tart) Scents:
Coconut Banana Blast - I LOVE THIS ONE!!  I usually don't like the banana scent because it often comes out smelling like the fake banana smell, which I hate.   This, however, is REAL.  I don't get much coconut, but again, I think that will come out once melted.
Edward Cullen - My mother is in love with this scent, but this is not my favorite.  However, that's just a preference thing.  I'm just not a big floral person.  But you can sure bet my mom will be ordering this in a full size candle soon!

Home Fragrance Oil Scents:
Cappuccino Brulee - This is a super yummy coffee scent blended with a creamy vanilla.  Anyone who likes coffee scents will flip over this one!
Orange Vanilla Coffee - This reminds me exactly of my mother's orange coffee cake.  It smells more like a bakery scent than a coffee scent.  But it's still an amazing smell and something you should give a try!
Winter Snowflake - My mom ordered this in preparation for Christmas.  It's a very nice combo of pine tree and peppermint.  It's a great combo and I especially like the authenticity of the pine tree.  I've smelled several other pine's that were just awful.  This is perfect and just SCREAMS Christmas!

Overall Experience:
I am so head-over-heals in love with CBV that I know I'm a lifelong customer.  Their customer service is out of this world!  I even emailed Victoria to ask if they had something similar to one of my favorite scents from a different candle company, and she replied immediately and is going to order the scent for me!  How many other companies would do something like that for you?  I can't wait to place my order and you can be sure I'll do another review on that one for you on here as well!