Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Can-Do-Candles

http://www.can-do-candles.com/home.htm 


For my first review, I tried a great little company called Can-Do-Candles.  While they are no longer making jar candles, they do still make amazing tarts that I gave a try.  With a specialty in bakery scents, and over 200 scents total....it was no easy task to pick out my scents!  Below is my review of my first experience with Donna at Can-Do!


 Apperance:


These tarts came in the traditional 1 ounce scalloped shape.  They were packaged in individual bags and had came with a nice and easy to read label.  Very easy to store and I appreciate the packaging, which felt less wasteful than the tart 'cups' that are often used.




Scents:

Mandarin Medley - This is described as, "  Mandarin oranges mixed with a few other fruits."  This does smell nice, but I'm getting too much sharp orange scent and would have been happier if the other fruit would have cut down on that sharp scent.  I have not melted this one, though, so it might be better than on cold sniff.

Line Dried Laundry - I am not a huge fan of the super-perfumy smell of laundry detergent, and to me that is what this smells like.  I'd rather it have been a soft scent with maybe some ozone notes to capture the fresh smell of laundry out on the line.  This is not a favorite for me.

Peppermint Stick - This is a true, authentic peppermint smell.  I think this one is right on the money!  If you enjoy peppermint, this is something you should definitely try.  No fake candy-smell here!  Also, it's not necessarily just a Christmas scent.  To me, it reminds me of the mint that they give you when you pay for your meal at a restaurant.  It's a nice, clean smell that can be burned year-round.

Lessie's Paradise Island - This is GREAT!  It's very fruity and tropical, but not too sweet.  It's a very authentic, island type scent.  Definitely one of my favorites.  

Pared Pears - True to it's name, this is a very nice pear smell.  It's soft and just slighty sweet.  Very clean smell, great for Spring time!

Hot Mama - This is one of the free samples that Donna included with my order.  It is described as strawberries, peaches, and other fruits.  On cold sniff, it is pretty bland.  However, once melted...this smell is out of this world.  If you enjoy fruity scents, this one's for you! 

Oklahoma Rain - This is a nice, fresh scent.  My only problem is that I'm getting quite a bit of that same laundry-detergent smell from it once melted.  It's pretty powerful, so I'd recommend just burning 1/2 at a time.  Again, this is not a re-order for me.  I just don't like the cheap perfumed laundry detergent smell...although I have several family members that swear by it.  Just not for my nose.

Caramel Cinnamon Latte - Oooh yummy!  This is a very nice, warm scent.  You are immediately hit with top notes of cinnamon, followed quickly by a nice caramel, which cuts down on the sharp cinnamon scent.  The coffee scent is more subtle, but definitely there.  It just smells like the inside of a coffee shop!

Granny Apples - This is by far my favorite from this order!  It smells GREAT!  It's just like a sour apple Jolly Rancher.  Very kid-friendly! Again, this is a strong one so cutting it in half might be a good idea.  

Preformance:
 
These tarts definitely have great scent throw.  One half of a tart scented my entire apartment with not trouble at all.  The wax was easy to clean up and after a minute or two in the freezer, it just popped right out.  I would definitely recommend this company to friends and family!


Overall Ordering Experience:

The customer service I received was excellent.  Donna personally calculates your shipping after you order so that you're not charged more than you should.  She also is very personable and makes sure to keep you updated on the status of your order.  Shipping was super fast and I just really enjoyed my experience with Can-Do-Candles.