Monday, June 14, 2010

Can-Do-Candles and NEW PRODUCT REVIEW :)

Yay!  My Can-Do-Candles order came in today!  I will say one thing about this company...their TAT is astounding!  Let's get right to it!

Appearance: 
I ordered two different sample packs.  Both came in the canvas bag with a super cute custom label.  Each tart is in an individual bag with a scent label.  These sampler packs were extra special because Donna was nice enough to do two custom packs so that I could get some more different types of scents reviewed and answer some of yall's burning questions!!

Scents: (There's a bunch so bare with me!)

Bakery Sampler - A whole bunch of you requested some bakery scent reviews.  I normally don't order these types, so it gave me a chance to try out something new, outside of my comfort zone.  Boy am I glad I did!

Pound Cake - Yummy!  This is a great scent.  It's pretty heavy on the butter, and you also get hints of cake behind that.  I'm sure that once you melt it, the cake scent will come out in full force.  I can't wait to get this one going!
Pink Sugar Cookies - Now, you all know that I'm not a fan of the "pink sugar" category, so I don't love this one.  But that's a personal scent preference and I KNOW there's a bunch of you pinkie's out there!  If you're one of them, this is definitely the scent for you.  Equal amounts of the pink sugar and yummy cookie smell. (Look for this one in a give-away contest coming very soon!!)
Cast Iron Cookies - Boy-howdie!  This is great!  It's a little hard to describe the difference between just plain cookies and cast-iron cooked cookies....but if you've ever tasted them you'll know exactly what this tart smells like!  Very amazing, complicated scent.
Coconut Cream Pie - It's a little hard to smell the coconut behind the butter, but coconut is one of those scents that tends to come out only when it's melted.  I bet this one will rock my world when I finally get a chance to melt it!
Corn Puddin' - When I read this name, I was a little worried!  Corn and pudding?  Odd...   But it turns out it's a really neat smell!  You definitely do get corn...but it's more of a "dessert corn" scent - if that makes any sense!  You'll just have to try it.  I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!
Grandma Thompson's Secret Recipe - I don't know who this Grandma Thompson is...but she needs to spread the word about this recipe!  Very delicious!  It's a little bit similar to the Cast Iron Cookies...but a little more complex.
Sugar Butt - At the risk of repeating myself....Yummy!  This is another good one.  I'm a huge butter fan...but trying not to eat much of it.  I think replacing my butter diet with Donna's butter-smelling tarts just might be the trick!
Lisa's Lemon Bars - My mom used to make lemon bars for us as kids all the time.  This smells JUST like them!  It's a little spooky :)
Hot Orange Danish - I think this might be my favorite.  I already love orange scents...and then add the bakery scent to it?  I'm in heaven!
Vanilla Bean - This one is pretty light on cold sniff, but I can definitely pick up on a rich vanilla scent.  This is another one that I think will surprise me once it's melting.
Cherry Chip Cake - This is another scent that is by far on the top of my re-order list!  I just love this one!  In addition to the cake-scent, you also get a rick maraschino cherry scent!  It makes my mouth water!
Cinnamon & Sugar - I let my mom review this one, because I have an allergy to cinnamon and even the scent can irritate my throat.  This is definitely a strong scent.  If you love cinnamon, this is for you!  This one will also be included in my give-away contest!

Best Seller Sampler Pack - This is another custom sampler that Donna was nice enough to put together for us!!  Again, this is not available for purchase on her site, but each scent certainly is!

Vanilla Apples - The name describes this one pretty well.  It's a nice, rich vanilla mixed with an AUTHENTIC apple smell.  Great tart!
Black Raspberry Vanilla - This is just as good as the vanilla apples!  It's a nice, deep raspberry scent.  There's also the rich vanilla scent that adds to this amazing little tart.
Dad's Cucumbers & Cream - This is very interesting.  I expected a sweet scent, but this almost has more of a bakery feel.  Very heavy cream and true cucumber mix to make one interesting scent.  This is a must-try!
Sugar Rush - For all you "pink sugar" fans, this will be a winner.  I know there are lots and lots of people who would love this one, but it's not my personal preference.  This, too will be included in my upcoming contest!
Fig -  I can't honestly say I've ever smelled a fig...but if this is what they smell like, then sign me up!  This is a soft fruity scent, with an almost soapy top note.  But not a gross soap...a very clean, interesting scent.  Of course, I have a feeling that this one will smell entirely different after melted.
kiwi-Sage & Ginger - I'm always hesitant with herb or earthy scents, as they tend to not be my favorites.  But this is actually quite nice!  You can definitely pick up on the kiwi, but the sage and ginger cut down on the harsh and sharp nature of that particular fruit.  Very nice.
Lemongrass & Olive - Again, I wasn't too sure about this one.  But I really need to learn to stop judging a tart by it's name!  This is great!  Very lemony and clean...without having that terrible cleaning product smell.  This is a re-order for me!
Citrus Zinger - I have YET to find a citrus scent from Can-Do-Candles that I didn't like, and this is no exception.  Orange and (maybe?) pineapple give this quite the kick!
Apple Mango Tango - This reminds me exactly of the mango scent from Gain.  Fruity and fresh.  This is a winner!
Coconut Lime Verbena - I love this scent from Bath and Body Works!  While this isn't an exact dupe, it's pretty close!  It's a little softer on the lime than the B&BW scent.  GREAT for summer!
Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper - Ahh...this infamous scent!  I've heard so many great reviews for this scent (even from other companies).  I've always rolled my eyes when I hear someone say how great it smells.  I mean, come on!  Orange and chilli pepper?  Eww!  WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is great!  I don't get any of the spicy from the pepper, but I think it's in there to cut down on the sharpness of the orange.  Any way you slice it, this is a great scent that everyone must try.
Kudzu - This is another great scent if you like the fruity types!  I pick up something very similar to grape, but there's another fruit in there that I just can't describe!  Order this one and try it out for yourself!  Make sure to leave me a comment when you do so I can find out what you smell in it!
Pink Sugar Baby - This is a great combination of pink sugar and baby powder!  A great scent for pink sugar lovers!
Plumeria - This is one of the free samples that were included.  It's a GREAT floral scent! Fresh and clean!  It just reminds me of that feeling you get when someone is thoughtful enough to send you a bouquet of flowers.  You lean in to take a big whiff, and you just feel loved!
Pumpkin Bread Puddin - This is the second free sample I received.  At the risk of sounding like a broken record...this is great!  Smells just like dessert on Thanksgiving Day!  I love this one!
Mango Twist -  I saved this one for last because Donna had mentioned that it was pretty soft and is considering taking it out of her inventory.  I, for one, hope she doesn't!  While it definitely is softer than her other tarts, it's not 'weak' my any stretch of the imagination.  I think it would be just perfect for anyone in an apartment or a smaller home where powerful scents tend to overwhelm them.  It would also go great in a bathroom!  It's a wonderful, fruity scent that is very refreshing!

New Product Review!!

Donna was super nice and threw in a new product for me to review for you all!  It's tenative name is the Scent Stone.  It is a BEAUTIFUL and creative way to scent small spaces in your home such as a bathroom or bedroom.  It is hand-poured and comes with instructions, a bottle of scented oil, and a glass plate that the stone rests on.  The basic concept is you put up to 15 drops of oil on it, and it dispurses the sent throughout the room.  This cute little thing is currently making my bathroom smell amazing!  I've got the Paradise Island oil on it and I'm just loving it!  (See previous review for scent description on Paradise Island)

If you have small children, pets, or are just generally worried about leaving a tart burner going, then this is the solution for you!  Not only is it super effective, but the stone itself is a beautiful, intricate flower that goes great with any decor.  This is an all around GREAT product and I can't wait until it is available for purchase for everyone!  If any of my readers have questions about this produce, leave me a message and I'll do my best to answer it.  But be prepared to hear me go on and on about how amazing this is!  :)