Thursday, June 3, 2010

Haley's Heavenly Scents....second delivery today!

Yep, that's right.  I got TWO deliveries today!  Sure makes my Thursday!

This order is from Haley's Heavenly Scents (HHS).  I'm in love with this company!  They have amazing customer service and (my favorite part) flat rate shipping that is more than affordable.  While I have dealt with companies that have the 8 or 9 dollar flat rate charge, that's only good if you're buying several candles.  When you're just wanting some tarts, it makes it hard to justify spending that much money on just the shipping.  This company, however, charges only $5.95 no matter how much you order.  What a great deal!

Now, I ordered a ton of tarts so this might be a long review.  I just couldn't resist their prices though!  Two ounce tart cups for $1??  AND a low shipping charge??  Oh yeah...I got a bunch!  :)

Appearance:

HHS's tarts come in 2 oz, oval shaped cups that are clear and have a label to make it easy to identify each tart.  The colors are all vibrant and attractive.  They came wrapped in cello bags and inside a nice little gift wrap type bag. The candle I ordered came with an adorable label on top and a pretty piece of homespun tied around the jar.  Very nice presentation all around.








Tart Scents:
  • Precious Kitty - I'm so glad I ordered more than one of these because it smells great!  Very soft and pretty...and I want to say kind of a floral scent.  Very nice.
  • Jamacian Vanilla Cafe - This is a very nice vanilla/coffee scent.  Love it.
  • Pink Sugared Strawberries - Another great one!  Very authentic strawberry smell combined with the soft sugary smell.
  • Cherry Limeade - Just like the name says.  Smells just like the drink from Sonic!  Great summer smell!
  • Poison Pie - This is very interesting.  It's very hard to describe, but the best I can do is an apple mixed with a little bit of bakery scent.  There's also some spice in there that adds depth.
  • Country Breeze - Now, you all know that I'm not a big fan of "detergent scents", but this one is nice.  It has just a touch of that perfumed Downy smell, but the rest is clean and fresh.  I'll be interested in seeing how this one melts.
  • Spring Rain - This is one of the better "rain" scents I've smelled.  Very clean and not overly perfume-ie.
  • Sea Breeze - This reminds me a lot of the Country Breeze scent, but a bit stronger and a little more perfume in this one.  Still very nice.
  • Coconut Hibiscus - This is great!  I love coconut, but it's usually overpowering.  This one is definitely not.  The Hibiscus really cuts down the sharpness, and makes this a great, relaxing scent.
  • Pink Sugared Watermelon - Yummy!  This is just as good as the pink sugared strawberries!  I'm loving this one.
  • Pink Watermelon - This has the great watermelon scent of the pink sugared watermelon, but not as sweet.  Very very nice.
  • Rose Merry Mint - This is nothing like what I expected, but it's still amazing!  It's a very soft floral, and I don't pick up any mint at all.  It's possible that it will come out when melted.
  • Indian Summer - Ok...this has to be one of my top 3 favorites!  Earthy and fruity...and just GOOD!
  • Jack Frost - Even though this would most likely be considered a Christmas scent...I just LOVE peppermint and this is a great version!  
  • Jamaica Me Crazy - This isn't the first scent shot I've gotten by this title...but this is the best one so far.  Very tropical and fruity!  Great for summer :)
  • Apple Jack & Peel - I'm loving this one too!  It's a nice, spicy apple scent.  It just screams "FALL!" 
  • Blackberry Fizz - This is great!  Just like a nice, fizzy drink by the side of the pool!
  • Hawaiian Breeze - This is a winner!  Fresh, ozone notes mixed with very nice fruit.
  • Green Apple Cotton Candy - I can tell that most of the oil has settled in this one and I'm not going to make a judgment until I melt it.  As of right now, the cold sniff is pretty wax-ie.
  • Cherry Blossom - This is very nice.  Very similar to the Bath & Body Works version of Cherry Blossom
  • Strawberry - I'm impressed at how authentic this smells.  Too often I've gotten a tart in that fake strawberry scent.  This is much much better.
  • Fruity Loops - HHS was nice enough to throw in a free clamshell pack of tarts in this fruity loops scent.  I wasn't so sure about this because I don't necessarily like the smell of fruit loops...but this has something extra in it that makes it absolutely yummy!  I'm so glad she threw this in because I would have never ordered it on my own!
Lastly, I did get one candle.  It is a chunk candle in a 12 oz jar for only $7.50....again, you can't beat her prices!  I got it in Ice Capades.  The site describes it as "TOP NOTES OF LEMON,PEPPERMINT,AND SPEARMINT, A WARM MIDDLE NOTE OF BUTTERCREAM AND BASE NOTES OF VANILLA; MENTHOL".  

On cold sniff, I mainly got a very strong, manly cologne smell.  I'm gonna have to burn this one to see how it turns out.


Overall Experience:
I had a great experience with Haley's Heavenly Scents.  The customer service was great and the packaging was adorable.  I'm loving most, if not all, of her scents and I'll definitely be ordering from her again.  If you enjoy tarts...I would highly recommend checking out this site!  http://www.haleysheavenlyscents.com/