Friday, July 16, 2010

Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles!!

My Sugar & Spice order came!!  I'm so excited about this one.  Up until recently, I've had more bad than good experiences with soy.  I've found one or two companies that did a great job....but the majority seemed to be quite a bit less quality than companies using paraffin, etc.  I had pretty much sworn off ordering more soy.  BUT...a Facebook page I frequent called "What's In Your Burner" listed a great free shipping sale from Sugar & Spice.  I can rarely say no to free shipping!!  So once again I dove into the world of soy, and I am very glad I did!
Scents:
 ~ 7.5oz candle in an adorable, traditional canning jar.

Melonade
- This is a great scent!  It's a combination of watermelon and lemonade.  Perfect for the summertime!  The throw from this little canning jar is very impressive.  I wouldn't have thought such a small melt pool could scent such a large area of my home!  I'm also loving the pretty pink color.

~ 1oz Soy-blend melts
Caramel Apple Cashew - Delish!!  This smells amazing.  You can distinctly smell each ingredient, and they blend so well with each other.  It reminds me of some tasty treat you can get at the fair...but I just can't put my finger on it!

 Bamboo & White Grapefruit - I didn't particularly care for this scent.  It's more of an earthy/spicy smell (which I didn't expect from the name) and that's just not really my taste.  However I know for a fact that my mother will go bananas over this one so it will definitely be a nice surprise for her!

Verbena Berries - Wow!  This is another great scent.  It's a little hard to describe, but the one word that keeps coming into my head is juicy!  Loving this one, for sure.

Pumpkin Cinna Vanilla Crunch - I was a little nervous about this one because I definitely have trouble with the cinnamon smell.  I'm honestly not sure if it bugs be because it's too harsh or if it's because I'm allergic to the real thing and tend to associate the smell with not-so-pleasant experiences.  Either way, not my favorite.  HOWEVER...I popped this one into my melter and was pleasantly surprised.  The pumpkin and vanilla seem to really mellow out the cinnamon and make this a great scent.  Very creamy.  This would be an amazing Fall smell!
Mochaccino - I absolutely love this one and am so sad that it's on her closeout list!  I'll definitely be ordering this in a bigger candle soon.  It's a delish belnd of coffee and chocolate.....seriously what could be better?  GREAT smell and the throw from this little 1oz was incredible.  My entire home smelled heavenly. 

~ 2oz Soy-blend melts (NEW from Sugar & Spice)
Blue Hawaii - Oooh lala!  Ya'll know I love my tropical scents and this has to be in my top 5 tropicals!  This is such a perfect smell.  It is just like a sweet, fruity, creamy drink!  One sniff and you'll feel like you got dropped on a white beach somewhere!  My favorite scent of this order :-)

Blackberry Fizz -
This isn't something new to me, as I've tried it from a few other vendors.  It's a great, uplifting scent and if you like it from another vendor, this will smell just as good!

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies -
I'm just absolutely in love with this one!  It's a mixture of sugar cookies and pumpkin (if I'm remembering right).  It couldn't be a better scent for fall....or anytime, really!  The only tiny little thing I would change would be adding more cookie than pumpkin to give it a little bit more creaminess.  This was a tester that was included so it will be interesting to see how she tweaks it!

Twilight Woods (type) - This is one of my favorite scents from B&BW.  I was so excited to test this out for Shanna.  Her version is just slightly different than the B&BW version...but certainly not enough to be a bad thing at all.  I'm probably more able to tell the difference because I had a bottle of B&BW lotion on hand to compare it to!  Overall it smells amazing and it's a definite re-order for me!

~ 6oz Soy-blend crumbles (NEW from Sugar & Spice)
The 6oz bag of crumbles came in an adorable cello bag with her painfully cute label on the front!  They are white with REAL sprinkles!! The scent was cake batter ice cream, which I ordered as a suggestion from a review on candlefind.com.  Oh goodness...this is heaven.  It's such a creamy, delicious smell that you won't even believe your nose!  My only TEENY gripe is that it definitely isn't a huge thrower.  This is never really a problem for me, as my living room is pretty small.  But if you've got vaulted ceilings and multiple floors, you might be better off burning this one in a smaller room of the house.  Overall this is a great product that I am so happy she added to her site!

Performance:
I could NOT believe the scent throw of everything I got in my order!  That little candle threw like a great, big jar and even the little 1oz tarts scented my entire house for a good 9+ hours. The fact that I'm impressed says a lot because I'm VERY critical when it comes to soy  My past experiences have not all been great.  Sugar & Spice definitely passed the test!  

This is a great company that you need to check out!  The customer service is great and her TAT is pretty darn impressive, as well!  Please make sure you stop by her site as well as her Facebook Page to keep updated on new products and sales!