Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rocky Corner Soap Works...Take Two!!


You might remember my review several weeks ago of a bar of soap I tried from Rocky Corner Soap Works in the scent grapefruit and peppermint.  I was somewhat disappointed in the lack of scent from this bar, but was more than impressed with the quality of the soap itself.  I vowed to try them one more time before discounting the company. 

Yesterday I got a wonderful surprise in my mailbox.  The owner of Rocky Corner Soap Works had sent me a letter of apology and a summer collection pack of their soap bars.  She apologized that the grapefruit and peppermint soap had not lived up to my expectations and informed me that they were pulling that particular scent from their site.  I was absolutely floored at the amazing customer service...especially since I had not even contacted RCSW regarding my purchase.  They simply happened upon my blog and wanted to make up for the bar of soap I had tried previously.  This is obviously a company that cares deeply about their customers and products.

The summer collection pack of soap consisted of seven different bars.  They are all such pretty colors and smell amazing.  Perfect for summertime!  Read on for the review:

Appearance: 
As I mentioned above, the bars are all vibrant and colorful.  The picture show here is taken from the Rocky Corner Soap Works page.

Scents:
Garden Mint - I love this scent!  It's a great combo of mint and greenery.  Very nice!
Moisturizing Skin Care - This has a very clean and fresh scent.  The best part, by far, is how NICE it feels against your skin.  It's like using a lotion more than using a soap!
After The Storm - I usually don't like products scented in the storm/rain scent because they tend to just smell like strong laundry detergent to me.  Not this one!  This is the closest thing to smelling like a storm that I've ever had.  It's amazing how authentic it smells!
Sea Island Grapefruit - Now, THIS is a great grapefruit scent!  If I'm not mistaken, this is the scent that replaced the old grapefruit and peppermint bar that I did not care for.  This is much improved.  I love the grapefruit scent because it is so uplifting and refreshing.
Fresh & Honeydew - I won't go over this one again because I've previously reviewed it.  Definitely one of my favorites!
Pomegranate and Peach - This is another great scent.  These two fruits go very well together!
Cucumber Melon - Anyone who has tried the cucumber melon scent from Bath & Body Works will have a good idea of how great this bar of soap smells.  Another great scent for summertime!

Overall Experience:
I am so grateful and happy that Rocky Corner Soap Works took it upon themselves to send me out this sampler pack.  I now chalk my previous experience up to circumstance.  Everything that I've been lucky enough to try out so far has not only smelled great, but been so much better on my hands than the cruddy soap from the store.  I also LOVE the fact that this soap is not tested on animals and I know that I could never go back to store-bought.  I'm a RCSW customer for life :)