Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bearhug Creations! Everything from wax to bath & body!


It's time for another, long over-due review!  I actually received these goodies awhile ago and have been busy testing away :)  Bearhug Creations is an absolutely adorable site with tons and tons of different products offered.  Again, I'm impressed with another small retailer.  It still amazes me how many great products there are out there from small, home-based companies!  I think back to the amount of money I sank into big chain stores and I weep!!

Wax - Break Away Aroma Melts
  • "Fresh Cut Tulips" - I am not particularly partial to floral scents, but this is actually quite nice. It's a dead ringer for real flowers, which surprised me.  There's also a hint of something soft in there as well that I can't identify for sure.
  • "God's Love" - This is one of my favorite scents in this box.  It smells amazing but I had to look up the description of the scent to figure out what it smelled like!  According to the site, it's a mixture of soft baby powder and ripened mulberries.  I would have never guessed that one!  Great scent.
  • "Cool Steel" - This is a very romantic, manly cologne smell without being overpowering.
  • "Fruity O's" - Just like that classic cereal but with a little bit more tartness that makes it more sophisticated.  Love it.
  • "Apple Slices" - Boy, talk about authentic!  It came in a green color so I was expecting the tart green apple smell...but it actually smells like a ripe, juicy red apple.  Yum!
Wax - Candles
  • "Key Lime Pie" (6 oz) - This came in the traditional jelly jar that you see a lot of vendors carrying.  The scent, however, is very unique.  Most key-lime pie scents I've smelled don't come as close to the real lime scent as Bearhug's!  It has a delicious tartness that is so authentic!
  • "Creamy Vanilla" (10 oz) - This came in a double-wicked apothecary jar with a glass lid.  Very cute!  The scent was great, as well!  I absolutely love vanilla scents and this is one of my top favorites.  It almost reminds me a little bit of the ice cream cake batter scent.  Delish!
Scented Oil
  • "Blueberry Muffins" - YUM!  Need I say more?!?  Bakery/fruity/delicious!
Bath & Body
  • Satin Body Lotion - This 8 oz bottle came scented in Cashmere & Pearls.  One of my favorite things about this, is that it is softly scented.  I don't particularly care for strong lotions, because I feel like my perfume has to compete.  This is perfect!
  • Misting Perfume - This little travel spray came in the corresponding scent as my lotion.  I'm in LOVE with this bottle!  It's small enough to slip right into a purse, or even a pocket if you're not wanting to bring a bag along.  Great!
  • Moisturizing Lip Balm - I was 50/50 on this.  I loved the quality of the balm and how soft it was on my lips, however I didn't get hardly any of the Frosted Cupcakes scent.
  • Air Freshener - This came in a little mesh bag, scented in Thin Mints.  It is made of highly scented crushed corn...how cool!
  • Sink Freshener - Last, but certainly not least, is this sink freshener in Unwinding Aromas.  What a neat product!  You fill up your sink with warm water and add this powder.  It makes your entire kitchen smell great, not to mention that stinky garbage disposal!


Overall, I loved my experience with Bearhug Creations!  They have such a wide variety of things to choose from, and each and everyone of them was just as good as the last!  Take a moment to check out their site as well as their new blog and Facebook page!