Monday, July 12, 2010

New wax from Front Porch Candle Co!

I was recently given the opportunity to test out the new wax blend from Front Porch Candle Co!  I received my candle in a 12oz Apothecary jar with an adorable black lid that rests on top.  The label on this candle is absolutely GORGEOUS!  It is a beautiful picture of a front porch, out in the country.  It couldn't be a better representation of down-home goodness!  (I apologize about the quality of this picture.  My camera is on the fritz!)

Scent:
My candle was scented in peppermints.  This is a very authentic smell.  A lot of people lean towards burning this scent only around the holidays, but I enjoy it year-round!  Rather than looking at it as just a Christmas scent, I view it more as a spa/relaxing type aroma.  Either way, this is a great scent choice that I recommend.

Throw:
I LOVED the quality and strength of this throw!  It's a small candle but it surely packed one heck of a punch!  It scented my entire living room as well as my hallway and parts of my bedroom.  I was very surprised at how much this little thing threw!

Burn quality:
This candle did very well.  It melted quickly to produce a large pool.  There was NO smoking or soot issues whatsoever.  The only little flaw I can find is related to the jar.  I've never been a huge fan of the Apothecary style, mostly because it seems like they have issues with evenly burning across the top.  This one was much better in that regard, and I attribute that to the quality of this new wax!

Overall, I think this new blend of wax is a hit for Front Porch Candle Co.  You should definitely give it a try!  If you're not ready to make a huge order commitment, you can order one of the Out Of The Box samplers this month because Front Porch is included!  It's a great way to try out several different vendors and get to know companies you might never have come across!

Please take some time to visit Front Porch today!  They also have a great message board that is worth checking out :-)

Happy melting!